FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Error Acces voilation at address 004E21A5

RSS >  Error Acces voilation at address 004E21A5
Green #1 31/12/2013 - 17h12

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 31/12/2013

Off line

Hi everyone,

This site inspired me to make my own TrackIR. Thanks to the forum it was succesfull, I only have a problem when opening a game.

The way I start everything;

1. Run Freetrack as Administrator
2. Click stream
3. Click start
4. Click camera and change settings
5. Minimize Freetrack
6. Start ArmA3 through Steam

When ArmA3 is in the first loading screen it freezes, and Freetrack gives me the error;

"Acces violation at address 004E21A5 in module 'Freetrack.exe'. Read of address 00000057"

Does anyone have the slightest idea how to fix this or what is causing this?

Thanks!
Stormrider #2 31/12/2013 - 18h59

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

Green #3 31/12/2013 - 20h17

Registered on : 31/12/2013

Off line

Just found out that Arma3 stopped working alltogether. Only get it to work if I uninstall Freetrack.. Ill have a go at that Fixer!

Anyone else got idea's?
yanwt #4 10/01/2014 - 14h53

Registered on : 10/01/2014

Off line

Hi, everybody!
I hope I will help those who I faced the same problem but as I hope that developers or volunteers will correct a few ‘Free Track’ and will issue the following version with correction of this mistake.

Recently I started mastering ‘Free Track’ since I play ‘War Thunder’. First everything was normal and at some instant everything was gone during game, at all didn't understand why. I also had a message "access violation at address 004E21A5 in module 'FreeTrack.exe'. Read of address 00000057". I looked for information on this problem "at address 004E21A5", but on it was nothing, there were others, but their decisions didn't help. This message left only when it was necessary to restore ‘Free Track’ minimized window from a tray if a window wasn't minimized this message didn't appear, but also interaction with game also wasn't.

It was necessary to look for the reasons most and to experiment.
1 . The first decision to which I came not at once, was changes of permission of 'Desktop' or 'Game' and to make them identical. Was 1920x1080 (desktop) and 1280x720 (game). At me the weak videocard for game was necessary to lower permission of a desktop and to make it as in game 1280x720. ‘Free Track’ began to work and interact with game, but I wasn't satisfied by this result since having the new monitor with the good permission to lower permission of a desktop was silly.
2 . The second decision to me came also not at once, and a little later the first. Having somehow rummaged in settings of the videocard 'NVIDIA Control Panels' > 'Installation of Several Displays'I learned that in me ‘Dual View’ as by TV it is connected through HDMI an exit is in addition connected is included, having switched this control in ‘Clone’ at me again ‘Free Track’ began to work and interact with game, thus with various permissions of Game and the Desktop.
In the first option as it appeared as ‘Dual View’ was included, but I at that time didn't suspect that it could be the decision … …

Meanwhile I use the second option since it satisfies me for 90%.
It would be desirable that ‘Free Track’ worked and at the included mode of the videocard with support of several displays 'Dual View', and as with various permissions of Game and the Desktop.
I will be glad if I helped somebody.

Forgive for my English, the translation by means of the Online Translator. I tried to transfer thought correctly.
Stormrider #5 11/01/2014 - 13h37

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

maybe give facetracknoir a try?You can find it at: http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/home/default.htm

Posted Image

select as a source pointtracker and you can use it just like Freetrack.Iam still using Freetrack because it still works for me.But in time I also will give it a try. ;)
yanwt #6 13/01/2014 - 23h48

Registered on : 10/01/2014

Off line

Likely you didn't understand me :-)
FaceTrackNoIR isn't necessary to me, I tried it to use, but it wasn't pleasant to me, it unstable to a shape of the head (eyes, a nose), for example if my head will go beyond a lens of the camera and then will return back, FaceTrackNoIR works incorrectly. And reaction to head turn the slow.
As I already wrote me arranges FreeTrack and I found a solution, but it not up to the end suits me. FreeTrack from "4 point cap" in comparison with FaceTrackNoIR works for me very well. Even if I will go beyond a lens of the camera then everything will return back remains as well as well as was, it is even not necessary to center. In the previous message I wrote that it is necessary to change in FreeTrack.

If to you my English is unclear, I could send you the message in Russian, but this forum for some reason doesn't support Russian.
Edited by yanwt on 13/01/2014 at 23h58.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Error Acces voilation at address 004E21A5

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).