FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > [Solved] Too strong IR reception for tracking.

RSS >  [Solved] Too strong IR reception for tracking.
Heffadir #1 13/12/2013 - 14h06

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 13/12/2013

Off line

Hey, just a quick question.

I'm experiencing oversized tracking points from my LEDs, and since the reception is so strong the upper ones merge and can only be interpreted by the software as a single point (see image).

Since point size changes don't help, is there any other function within the software that can help with that? Or a hardware tweak? Tried adding an extra layer of filtering to tune out a little more of the IR, but it just reduces the strength, not the size.

Camera : Xbox Live Vision - IR filter removed, exposed film added.
Tracking System : NaturalPoint Trackclip Pro. (God I hope it doesn't break, flimsy as hell given its price).

Posted Image
Edited by Heffadir on 13/12/2013 at 15h02.
Heffadir #2 13/12/2013 - 15h02

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 13/12/2013

Off line

Nevermind, I realized that since you have to unscrew the lens which is used for focusing when you disassemble the Live Vision camera it wasn't 100% screwed back since there's a stopper blocking it. Redid it a couple of times and managed to pass by it, so now its focusing better.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > [Solved] Too strong IR reception for tracking.

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).