FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Ability to load custom profile with game?

RSS >  Ability to load custom profile with game?, Profile question / help please.
onyxius #1 11/11/2013 - 19h49

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 22/10/2013

Off line

Hello Everyone,
 So I have a customer Arma 3 profile that I am trying to use when loading the game instead of the default, I kinda figured it out my unchecking the load automatically checkbox under global, but it doesnt always stay that way.  I read in posts prior to this 2.2 version where people were able to drag their profile under the default profile and that fix their issues but with 2.2 (or at least my version) i am not able to drag and drop any profiles.

I then went into the \program files (x86)\freetrack\freetrack.ini file and change the default.ftp profile path to my arma 3 path, should that force my arma 3 profile to be the constant default?

What i would like is to be able to load arma 3, or any other game and it auto load the custom profile i created to go along with it.
Stormrider #2 12/11/2013 - 11h53

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

I made a few changes in the programs.ini file located in the freetrack install folder.
Normal if you open that ini file with notepad you see something like this:
[Programs]
48091=Falcon4 AF
5118=Falcon4 OF&RV
62451=Aces High II
50146=Live for speed
29678=Condor soaring
13309=First Eagles WWI
22490=Janes FA18
16849=Orbiter
6096=Armed Assault
38885=rFactor
19441=Enemy Engaged Comanche vs Hokum
21450=Future Pinball
21475=Grand Prix Legends
32505=Lock On
38138=netKar Pro
65479=Descent D2X-XL
16886=Race 07 Official WTCC
12269=Cliffs of Dover
51165=Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat
33752=Silent Wings
743=Nascar Racing Season 2003
33265=Flight Simulator 2004
0=FreeTrack Test
19416=TIRMouse
16630=GTLégends
38906=Il2-1945

I  changed it to:

[Programs]

12269=Cliffs of Dover

38906=Cliffs of Dover

First backup the original programs.ini file  incase of problems!!! :)  :)
Open the programs.ini file with notepad, make the changes you want, save it as programs1.ini.
Now change the name of the original programs.ini file into programsold.ini and change the name of programs1.ini into programs.ini

Now it looks like this
Posted Image
as you can see,I have two default profiles both are for Cliffs of Dover.Before you ask why I have two, if I decide to start with another game I can change the name of one of them.The settings are all the same  ;)
onyxius #3 12/11/2013 - 14h41

Off line

Ok so what i did was copy my arma 3 profile i liked and put it into the default profile ini.  Then deleted all the other entries for the games except arma 3 and Il2 stuff.   I guess what i'm wondering is, since the default profile has the tracking stuff you want why rename all the games to cliffs, unless i guess you dont have the default setup like you want but you have the cliffs one setup how you want it.

If i change my arma 3 under default then everything under default changes.  I guess i'm not getting how each one could be different under default.  Because if the default profile will be the default for all games under it then why change the names of them?  And that defeats the purpose of having multiple games listed there too.  Not sure why i'm just not understanding it.

Also, i just installed war thunder, and the head movement is really slow, i maxed out the 2 settings int the game but its no different, so how would i just change the settings for 1 game since they are all under default, and changing 1 thing in 1 game changes it for all.
Edited by onyxius on 12/11/2013 at 19h20.
Stormrider #4 14/11/2013 - 11h42

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

I guess i'm not getting how each one could be different under default.  Because if the default profile will be the default for all games under it then why change the names of them?

Under default the settings are for all of them the same.Why they made it like that?I don't know and it doesn't matter to me.
I use freetrack in two games, Cliffs of Dover and Il2.For those two games I use the same settings.
In the past sometimes it happend, while I was flying freetrack changed profile from my own settings to the default settings.Therefor I changed the names and  removed a few names in the default profile.Now I select Cliffs in the default profile and doesn't change while Iam flying.

So I have a customer Arma 3 profile that I am trying to use when loading the game instead of the default

That is one profile for one game. that was your question.And that can be done.If warThunder can work with the same setting, you can put the name in the default profile.But if you want to use different setting you must make a custom profile.

Posted Image
and this what you see in fretrack
Posted Image

The default profile contains two times Cliffs of Dover with the same settings and the others are custom made an differrent.
onyxius #5 17/11/2013 - 17h42

Off line

ok :) thank you again

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Ability to load custom profile with game?

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).