FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Freetrack found my wiimote - what now? start button is grey

RSS >  Freetrack found my wiimote - what now? start button is grey
mabuse_ #1 10/03/2009 - 22h44

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 05/03/2009

Off line

Hi,

finally i got my wiimote connected. Without Bluesoleil, just with windows XP.

Now i can select it at Freetrack, but the start button remains grey. And the skull does not apear.

I entered the size of my cap and saved a profile.
Any Idea what to do next?

edit:
I get a stream from my microsoft webcam. But not from the wiimote.
How do I tell the Wiimote to give me the stream ??
Edited by mabuse_ on 10/03/2009 at 23h06.
Paladincubano #2 17/03/2009 - 13h24

Registered on : 19/12/2008

Off line

same problem for me when i started. Windows not manage conection of wiimote correctly. (even Vista)

Solutions?

Bluesoleil.
=gRiJ=Kike #3 18/03/2009 - 09h23

Registered on : 13/03/2009

Off line

Do you need to install bluesoleil correctly.

First, uninstall Bluesoleil and do a registry clean (use ccclean, for example).
Unplug your bluethoot device and restart.

Install Bluesoleil again (WITHOUT BLUETHOOT DEVICE) + reset OS.
Install Bluesoleil patch, if you have one (WITHOUT BLUETHOOT DEVICE) + reset

And in this moment, after reboot system, insert your bluethoot device, wait one minute untill windows detect this device.

In this moment you can use bluesoleil to connect bluethoot decive and in freetrack program you can push play or stop
babasior #4 18/03/2009 - 09h53

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 09/07/2007

Off line Www

From "FreeTrack v2.2 software manual" by kestrel :

Connecting a Wiimote using BlueSoleil (1.4.9.5)

1.Press the 1 and 2 buttons on the remote simultaneously, the blue lights should flash to indicate the remote is in discovery mode (the number of lights indicate the level of battery charge). Connection needs to be established within 20 seconds, before discovery mode times out (the buttons can be held to prevent timing out).
2.Open BlueSoleil and search for devices.
3.Nintendo RVL-CNT-01 should appear as a Human Interface Device.
4.Double click on it and then right click and select Connect->Bluetooth Human Interface Device Service (no PIN required).
5.FreeTrack should now recognise the Wiimote as a camera device in the drop-down list of Sources in the Camera tab.
6.When selected the lights will stop flashing and a tone will sound. The leftmost light is used as a power indicator and the rightmost light is used to indicate that the camera sensor is active.

BlueSoleil can't read Wiimote serial numbers without crashing, so instead, a simple count number is used to identify each Wiimote, incrementing for later connections.

A status check is performed every second, if no reply is received FreeTrack assumes the Wiimote is unavailable, stops tracking and disables the Start button. The battery charge is refreshed with each status check, it is fairly reliable for standard alkaline batteries but significantly underestimates the total charge remaining for rechargeable batteries.

The A button on the remote can be used like the pause control, to alternate between play and pause.

Unlike a webcam, the camera display is not a video, it only shows a maximum of four point coordinates that the Wiimote is tracking and their approximate sizes. Sometimes large points are mistaken for small points, briefly obscuring the point normally corrects the point size estimate. When there is excess light it can sometimes seem as if more than four points are being tracked due to the rapid switching between points.

If FreeTrack is not shutdown properly while the Wiimote is tracking, the camera can be left on, which consumes battery charge twice as fast as normal. Holding the power button on the Wiimote for a few seconds disconnects it and turns it off.
mabuse_ #5 21/03/2009 - 19h15

Registered on : 05/03/2009

Off line

Thanks for your replies.

I tried BS v3.2.2.8 now and it runs fine. 2.3 didn't work...

Now I'm looking forward to some nice IL2 action B)
shannonb1 #6 05/06/2009 - 14h21

Registered on : 05/06/2009

Off line

Yeh, I have that issue, vista 64, blue soleli gets a 183 error, windows can detect it without blue, but that button is still grey
AlainC #7 09/06/2009 - 21h21

Registered on : 09/06/2009

Off line

I also have that problem with Windows Vista 32bit.
Freetrack finds the Wiimote, but the start button is still greyed.
I use the standard Bluetooth software of Vista.

I also use the Managed Library WiimoteLib and this without any problem.  It tracks my IR Leds without any issue; but so far I can't use it to control head tracking in FSX.

That's why I want to use Freetrack, but without any luck.  I also use it on a laptop with Windows XP without any problems, but I can't run FSX on that machine.

Please can somebody help me?

I tried to install Bluesoleil 6.4.240 on Vista but without success.
theangrygimp #8 02/03/2010 - 09h30

Registered on : 28/02/2010

Off line

Same here, Grey start box. Using vista 64 with default windows stack. Bluesoliel really messed up windows once already, and I will not use it, nor do I want to when I can connect just fine without it in every other wiimote program I have downloaded. Hopefully the programmers will look at glovepie's method of connecting to the wiimote, cause it works really well (just can't use it for head tracking....or at least I don't know how to write the proper script). I wish I could donate enough to pay for the work necessary to fix this issue, but will at least donate something when It does finally get taken care of. Good luck!
Edited by theangrygimp on 10/03/2010 at 04h45.
Yueh #9 02/04/2010 - 16h14

Registered on : 12/10/2008

Off line

I have the same greyed out start box using the default Windows bluetooth programming.

I've spent ages trying to get it working but it won't co-operate.

It seems the standard windows bluetooth software (broadcom or widcom or whatever it is) doesn't work with Freetrack. As far as I can tell it seems to have something to do with the fact that bluesoleil constantly checks the wii-mote's battery charge every second or two but the standard bluetooth stack doesn't. Freetrack must interpret that as not having a connection and hence greys out the start button.

The standard stack may have other issues with the wii-motes as I have had trouble trying to get it to work reliably with the virtual whiteboard software and others despite it seeming like the wii-mote is connected in my Bluetooth device manager

Since my bluetooth hardware is built into my system I can't just take it out and I think I've heard that if I try to install bluesoleil it can cause conflicts, unless I strip out the other bluetooth software first. However doing that would render my bluetooth hardware useless.

Bluesoleil's test thingy says it's not compatible with my bluetooth device anyway.

I'm not a techie but this is just what I've deduced so far. It would be nice to have some confirmation from someone more familiar with the program so I can give up knowing I have tried everything.

I am using rechargeable batteries too... surely it couldn't be that simple a fix though? Fully charged rechargeables should at least read as partially full, so even if they don't last as long they would initially connect?
TouringBubble #10 15/11/2010 - 01h13

Registered on : 15/11/2010

Off line

Any update on this?  I've got the same issue.  I can connect to the Wiimote using the Targus drivers for my device, but get no start button in FreeTrack.  The WiiMote Whiteboard application seems to work, but only the #1 LED on the Wiimote is lit when running that app and I still get no start button in FreeTrack, even with the single LED lit.

WiinRemote and WiiConnect will not recognize the device.  Windows seems to think it's a game controller and links the device with the Logitech game controller software (not SetPoint).  I tried BlueSoleil but my computer didn't like it at all and the BT dialogs never booted correctly, even though there were shown in the system processes.

I would really like to get this working as I finished my 3-point cap last night.  Thanks.
michaelkkchau #11 23/12/2010 - 03h07

Registered on : 23/12/2010

Off line

I installed bluetooth stacked for windows by toshiba.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Freetrack found my wiimote - what now? start button is grey

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).