FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Target sale on Logitech Webcams 5/05/08

RSS >  Target sale on Logitech Webcams 5/05/08
Don 'Chito' Lito #1 05/05/2008 - 22h57

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 01/05/2008

Off line

Hey I really like this Freetrack software.  I haven't got it working yet but I must be having fun cause I ain't given up yet and bought the TrackIR 4 Pro.

My current webcam is the Logitech  STX.  My LED's are the PITA because radio'smack'  only has one or two of any given LED in the bins.  I've been running into this particular problem many a time at my local shack.

So I ended up buying the only red LED they had multiples of and tested it, but it would lose its center after a few head turns.  Most likely the LEDs are at fault as they only put out 10 mcd.  And since I don't want to ruin my Logitech webcam  I haven't modified it at all.

However I was in my local Target store today and saw and endcap with lots of Logitech Cams from the notebook up to the Pro 9000.  They are all reduced in price and each cam is bundled with a low grade cam for free.

This free cam thats included is a definite candidate for IR surgery.   Here's the online ad:

http://weeklyad.target.com/target/default.aspx?action=entryflash&ref=nav%5Fweeklyad

So I will be waiting for my three LED's to be mailed to me over the next few days before I can actually make a good test on this Web cam I bought.  But for anyone else out there who will rummage through the Radioshack bins looking for a suitable LED, this particular LED will not work:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062554&cp=2032058.2032233.2032298&pg=2&parentPage=family
Edited by Don 'Chito' Lito on 05/05/2008 at 22h58.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Target sale on Logitech Webcams 5/05/08

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).