FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > d3dx9_33.dll is missing.   NO FIX??

RSS >  d3dx9_33.dll is missing.   NO FIX??
Murphy #1 01/10/2015 - 00h33

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 30/09/2015

Off line

My equipment is Windows 8.1 on a core i5...   Fresh install within last month. Has all updates.

When I try to run Free-track I get an error message:

The program can't start because d3dx9_33.dll is missing from your computer.

I read somewhere that you can download the file and stick it in both the windows/system32 directory and the directory for free-track and it should fix the problem.

When I do this, I get a different error.
"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)..  Click OK to close the application"

I've tried running it as administrator and also using the windows compatability troubleshooter and no success.

Also, I tried searching this forum for the answer regarding the d3dx9 file and got zero search results.

When I run dxdiag to check my Directx, it says all is ok and I have directx 11 installed.
Murphy #2 01/10/2015 - 01h41

Off line

UPDATE:
I downloaded a different version of the dll file and the software starts now.

I have a PS3 webcam but can't get the drivers for it.  Its an SLEH-00048 playstation camera..

Anyone know where to get legit drivers?
Stormrider #3 01/10/2015 - 14h18

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

https://codelaboratories.com/products/eye/driver/ that's where you can buy/download the drivers for your ps3-eye.
Murphy #4 01/10/2015 - 16h29

Off line

It seems to be working!!!

The camera is just sitting on my desk flopping around and I'm just using aligator clips and a 1.5v batter to illuminate a 940nm LED (very sloppy), but I can see the IR light using freetrack and it moves around with the LED..

Very cool!

So now my next problem..  Since this software actually works, I would like to donate, but when I click the donate button, I get a face full of French and can't read a darn thing!!!

I need to donate in a currency I'm familiar with as I would hate to plug in one amount in US Dollars only to find out I just bought the developer a new car!  LOL

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > d3dx9_33.dll is missing.   NO FIX??

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).