FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  LED's Melting Together
MistaMeowmas #1 08/09/2015 - 22h25

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 18/04/2014

Off line

Hey, so with my new point model, which I made using the proper measurements, the LED's now merge sometimes whilst tracking. Which, in turn causes the software to be completely unsure of which LED is which, causing it to think I'm sitting on my ceiling. So... Is there any way to make this happen less, or will I just have to make the LED's go out wider and higher?

Really sucks because I spent two days putting it together and now might even have to take it apart just to get it to work properly...
MistaMeowmas #2 09/09/2015 - 01h16

Off line

Actually, I just tested. The only program that it happens in is OpenTrack. With the latest version (or maybe it's my fault) there is a specific light that the OpenTrack software deems the 'top light', and sometimes when they merge, they can trick the software into believing that the left or right light is the top light, and vice versa. There a way to turn that off or to set it to always use the top light?

The main reason I don't like using FreeTrack is because for some reason my pitch curves are inverted. So when I look up it uses the pitch down curve, and when I look down, it uses the pitch up curve. Meaning I can only look 90 degrees up. Which.. Is realistic, but it means my curve is kinda jacked,  but it's manageable.
MistaMeowmas #3 09/09/2015 - 01h17

Off line

(EDIT= Sorry, it posted twice for some reason.)
Edited by MistaMeowmas on 09/09/2015 at 01h18.
Steph #4 09/09/2015 - 10h41

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

If your LEDs merge together either your movements are to wide or your model is too little

MistaMeowmas @ 09/09/2015 - 02h16 a dit:

The main reason I don't like using FreeTrack is because for some reason my pitch curves are inverted. So when I look up it uses the pitch down curve, and when I look down, it uses the pitch up curve. Meaning I can only look 90 degrees up. Which.. Is realistic, but it means my curve is kinda jacked,  but it's manageable.

You can invert every movement in the profile section:
Posted Image

To avoid inverting movements over 90° output just check the "view relative translation"
Posted Image
MistaMeowmas #5 09/09/2015 - 19h27

Off line

Steph @ 09/09/2015 - 12h41 a dit:

If your LEDs merge together either your movements are to wide or your model is too little

Well I built my model to scale as it says on the FreeTrack software. Only reason I actually went over the scale is because of the fact that the LED's were merging. It doesn't happen often but if I'm looking above me and to my left or right, thats about when it happens. Just need to be careful I guess. I don't want to make it too sensitive because then it'll be super hard to track a target if we're in a turn fight without wobbling all over the place.
Sasha84 #6 09/09/2015 - 22h59

Registered on : 26/06/2008

Off line

What model are you using?
Cap or three leds in line?

You might lower your camera, if its too high it can see top led and middle led overlap if you use three leds in line.
Or you might rotate your model to "look" higher so, your camera will have easier time distinguishing leds.

example of camera seeing top led and middle led as one.

[Camera]*
                    * --Line of sight
                                       o [top led]
                                                o [middle led]

o [bottom led]

If you rotate it clockwise, the top led and middle led wont overlap.
At least if I understood your problem correctly.
Edited by Sasha84 on 09/09/2015 at 23h00.
Stormrider #7 10/09/2015 - 17h29

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

With the right settings made in the curves it must be possible to avoid that melting together of the dots.
These are the curves I use in Ftnoir, for freetrack you can make something similar.
As you can see in the yaw-curve, if I move my head 25degrees left or right it wil give me 180 degrees view ingame.Although I have leds who has a viewing angle of 40 degrees I don't use it.What you can do is find out at what is the maximum movement of your head till the dots melt together and change it in the curve so that you don't need to move your head that far but still can look at your six.Posted Image
You can stear your view ingame with just little headmovements, it only takes some time to get used to it and that is also something people seems to forget.
@ Sasha84

You might lower your camera, if its too high it can see top led and middle led overlap if you use three leds in line.
Or you might rotate your model to "look" higher so, your camera will have easier time distinguishing leds.

example of camera seeing top led and middle led as one.

I didn't think of this one, but you are right, it could be just that simple.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).