FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  low fps
tamron #1 02/02/2015 - 01h51

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 02/02/2015

Off line

Hi guys.
First, thanks to the mods for all the hard work they put in. You've been a great help!!

I've been having a frame rate problem. I thought it was my computer but tonight I realized it's free track. Here's my situation.

I'm playing "cliffs of dover". My fps starts out at about 40 fps then, as time goes on it slows down. After 15 or 20 min. it's down to about 15fps. Today I noticed, if I block the leds with my hand, the fps jumps back to 35ish, move my hand and they drop back to 15.

I went into system "resource monitor" and my cpu was at 60%, I blocked the leds with my hand and it dropped to 15%. moved my hand away and it was back to 60 again.

I have the ps3 camera with the cl-eye driver and this is what I've tried so far:

set cl eye to 30 fps
set free track to 30 fps, with auto multiplyer set to auto
same as above with no multiplyer, set to 30 fps

same as above but settings to 60 fps

moved Freetrack away from game and am running it on the integrated graphics card instead of the nvidia card.

Tried user "Miggys" idea about plugging in the joysick after starting free track.

Nothing has work so far. I really like the program I just think I must be missing something. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks again.
Stormrider #2 02/02/2015 - 18h43

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

Hi,
I also play Clod.It is a shame that the developers abanded it so soon.There were only 2 updates( I think) and after that it was still a game with some problems.
But a few guys, they named them selves TeamFusion,picked it up and made Clod a lot better.They made a few patches(or mods) which you can find on Atag-forum.
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711

If you play Clod all maxed-out you need really some heavy rig, so my next questions are: specs of your pc and settings you use in Clod.
I don't know for sure if it is still neccessary but if you have an Ati-card you must remove that ubisoft spash video for higher fps.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=24126

With my ati radeon HD5850 1GB I had also a similar problem, fps dropping.Therefor I bought an Ati radeon HD6950 2GB, that gave already an improvement, I bought another one for crossfire, started to use Facetracknoir and I didn't notice it anymore.
Until I know your specs I can only guess what it could be.
If you didn't know this site of Atag, there is a lot of information about problems you can have with this flight-sim.
tamron #3 03/02/2015 - 05h17

Off line

Hey Stormrider, thanks for the response!
I'm all Patched up to date and have really been enjoying the game. I've been going over every tip and trick I could find on Atag for the last week, but nothing solved this one for me.
My system is not the best for gaming but runs the game it's self quite nicely with all settings on medium.

i7 4500u cpu 2 core 1.8 gHz 4 logical processors ( I know, I never thought I'd want to play games )

Nvidia gt 750m GPU 2 GB

16 gb of ram

win. 8.1

So tonight I kind of waved the white flag and installed Facetracknoir. Although I prefer the Free Track interface, this is working just fine. I've turned up my game settings again and even turned on V-sync. I can't explain why but my fps is holding at 30-40 without trouble. Now I just need to get the courage up to go on Atag and do some flying. Can you be found on a Facetracknoir forum as well? Somehow it's solved my problem.
Thanks again for taking the time to help!
John
Stormrider #4 03/02/2015 - 19h38

Off line

Can you be found on a Facetracknoir forum as well?

well, you can find me here ;)

I can't explain why but my fps is holding at 30-40 without trouble.

I had the same with my radeon HD5850, I think it has something to do with the view ingame reacting on the instable tracking of the leds.Iam not native enlish speaking so it is a bit hard to explain what I exacly mean.
I think  the in ftnoir used filter(accela filter mk2) uses another hysterasis value then freetrack.Thats why I think that with freetrack your cpu and gpu have to work harder then with ftnoir.There has to be more frames generated.I have no prove of this, but this is what I think.
Or maybe because what the guy says about instable movement/tracking :  http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=569&page=2#20534

Maybe we meet one day in the virtual sky on Atag. :D
Posted Image
Edited by Stormrider on 03/02/2015 at 19h38.
tamron #5 03/02/2015 - 22h08

Off line

Hi
Thanks for explaining, I understand what you mean no problem!!

I'm working on fine tuning it now. I did have one odd thing happen, I was centred facing the back of the seat lol ! I tried and tried to get turned around but couldn't.  :blink:  Fortunately, I had already saved a profile and was able to step backward!

Off Topic.

Thats a really great picture! Did that poor Spitty get ya home? Great plains!
  I haven't posted over there yet, but guess my next project will be Teamspeak. Hope that goes smooth. " Wrangler " may be posting for help there too! :rolleyes:
Stormrider #6 04/02/2015 - 15h22

Off line

I did have one odd thing happen, I was centred facing the back of the seat lol ! I tried and tried to get turned around but couldn't.  :blink:

i think that I know what that is, with freeetrack I was used to just walk away to get my coffee.Then again go and sit, recenter freetrack and continue.But that is something you can't do with ftnoir.If ftnoir looses your dots it goes crazy and you can't seem to get it normal again.You can only get it to work with the start/stop function and then press the center button.
So i have shorcuts programmed for: center, game zero,start/stop and for axis inhibator(disables roll and x in my case).
center, just centers my view
start/stop I use if I have to get my coffee.It stop tracking and the view stays at that point with te following settings:
when off  view>stay
engine tracker>stop engine.
I also use this as a pause function when I have to zoom in on something.
There is another difference with freetrack.With ftnoir you can seperately adjust the pitch-up and pitch-down.With the pitch-up I can look 150 degrees or max 180 and with pitch-down only 90.But that is enough, why should I look under my parachute.This way you can look better at your instruments.What joystick do you use?If is a saitek check at the hotkeys tab if it is "keyboard & mouse only" and not "default"With that default setting your pc hangs and you can only do a hard reset.  :D  :D I almost forgot, I came home with my Spitty but did't land in one piece, I just crashed.
tamron #7 04/02/2015 - 16h18

Off line

Ah, ok! That would explain it. K, I see those. I'll get those programed now and give it a try. I do use a Saitek. It's the x55. I haven't had the pc hang on me, but I can't find a hot keys tab anywhere either.
 I saw that with the pich in curves, 180 up and 90 down. I haven't installed the "hot fix" yet so they are still reversed but work not bad. I should do that today too.
 I find I'm trying to slouch down when I hit centre. Do you find yourself low in the seat when playing? I'm going to need to get a pillow lol. I'd like to have the sight at eye level, I'm always at level with the leather stop just below it.
 I hope you hung that picture in a frame, it's wall worthy for sure!! :)
Thanks!!
Stormrider #8 04/02/2015 - 16h27

Off line

What joystick do you use?If is a saitek check at the hotkeys tab if it is "keyboard & mouse only" and not "default"With that default setting your pc hangs and you can only do a hard reset.

this is something in teamspeak, not in ftnoir.Sorry I forgot to mention. :D

Do you find yourself low in the seat when playing? I'm going to need to get a pillow lol. I'd like to have the sight at eye level, I'm always at level with the leather stop just below it.

I don't know :(  :( , it looks natural to me.I will check and post a picture with my view centered(this evening I think)
Edited by Stormrider on 04/02/2015 at 16h50.
tamron #9 04/02/2015 - 18h26

Off line

Ok, after the hot fix, I can see the whole sight again. Maybe those being backwards ( the pitch curves ) was having me a little lower in the cockpit?
Edited by tamron on 04/02/2015 at 18h33.
Stormrider #10 04/02/2015 - 19h37

Off line

as promised, a picture with ftnoir centered.As you can see Iam at the same level as the crosshair.
Posted Image
tamron #11 05/02/2015 - 07h35

Off line

Yup, thats perfect alright!  I seem to have it all worked out here now. On a funny note, after the "hot Fix", I was still having trouble. I'd centre Fnoir, and the cross hairs would get lower and lower. I realized the flex in the back of my office chair was causing the problem! After it driving me crazy for several hours, I thought to put a little dead zone on the Y and Z axis. Poof..problem solved. :lol: Man this program is sensitive! It's really running nice and stable though!

Thanks for all your help Stormrider. That was really nice of you. Tomorrow I'll screw it all up and be back lol!

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).