FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > High GPU load while using Freetrack with Elite Dangerous

RSS >  High GPU load while using Freetrack with Elite Dangerous
Trueno33 #1 04/01/2015 - 23h01

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 29/12/2014

Off line

Hi there, this is my second post in this forum.
First of all, thank you so much for making accesible this great program. I have managed to build a 3 point clip which almost works for elite dangerous, although i probably need better ir leds to get better results. I´m using regular leds and sometimes the cam loses some point when looking at the sides, so i´ll try with some leds which have a bigger radius.

Anyway, while trying the game this afternoon I noticed a fall on performance as time went by and I checked my GPU´s stats.

The result was 64º temp, which is normal, but the gpu load read 98%
My question then is: could in any way the use of freetrack harm my gpu?

My specs:

win7
8Gb ram
i5 4460
GTX 650ti

Thanks again
Edited by Trueno33 on 05/01/2015 at 00h05.
Steph #2 05/01/2015 - 12h44

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Hi,

you can check the cpu load of any program in the task-manager. Freetrack is using probably around 3-4%. Freetrack does not use gpu calculation.

My question then is: could in any way the use of freetrack harm my gpu?

No, there's no way to kill a gpu with Freetrack.

Try to file down the LEDs to get a better beam angle could be a solution for your tracking problems. A nailfile and some fine sandpaper does the trick.

Posted Image
Trueno33 #3 05/01/2015 - 16h22

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 29/12/2014

Off line

thanks for your answer steph. I filed the leds already, but one of them still is not as bright as the others. I´ll keep on trying  :)
Edited by Trueno33 on 05/01/2015 at 16h23.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > High GPU load while using Freetrack with Elite Dangerous

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).