FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > Richard Burns Rally and TIR Attack.

RSS >  Richard Burns Rally and TIR Attack., Help needed.
Blindasabat #1 29/12/2014 - 00h28

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 02/05/2011

Off line

Hello all,  :)

I finally got Freetrack working with Richard Burns Rally using TIR Attack.
Note that the weblink for TIR Attack doesn't work anymore but I downloaded TIR Attack from here:

http://www.oocities.org/tir_temp/

But now I want to tweak it a little, I'm using my 3 point headphone clip but I don't get enough yaw, which is a problem with this type of pointmodel in most of my games but I can usually solve it by increasing the yaw sensitivity to 2.
Since Freetrack didn't make a Richard Burns Rally profile I tried increasing the yaw sensitivity of the default profile but that seems to do nothing.

Please does anyone know how I can get more yaw?  :(
Blindasabat #2 29/12/2014 - 01h04

Off line

Nevermind people, I already solved it by making a new profile outside of the default ones. ;)

Still, even with yaw (and pitch) sensitivity set to 3 it's hardly what I would like it to be but at least it's manageable.
Steph #3 29/12/2014 - 13h07

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Hi,

did you enlarge your curves to 180°?

Posted Image
Blindasabat #4 29/12/2014 - 13h35

Off line

Steph @ 29/12/2014 - 14h07 a dit:

Hi,

did you enlarge your curves to 180°?

Hi Steph, yes I did. :)

I used my 3 point cap today and with sensitivity of 3 I get better yaw (and pitch), which means that RBR or TIR Attack have very sedated default tracking output.
On my setup I prefer to use sensitivities of 1 as everything over that results in more drift which means I have to recenter a lot more.

In all games not just RBR I have significantly less good tracking with my 3 point clip than with my 3 point cap, especially yaw and pitch, I don't know if it's a limitation of that type of pointmodel. Anyone else notice this too?
Steph #5 29/12/2014 - 18h33

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

...I didn't have a lot of experience with other games then aviation sims, but I do encounter the same problem one time on Need for Speed. But no difference between cap or clip. Imho a result of different size. The cap version probably has larger geometric changes in use then the clip.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > Richard Burns Rally and TIR Attack.

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).