FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Tracking view is very jumpy, can't keep a steady view

RSS >  Tracking view is very jumpy, can't keep a steady view
moeburn #1 10/09/2014 - 14h51

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 30/01/2012

Off line

I had FreeTrack working great with War Thunder at one point, but now it is very jumpy.  If I look anywhere but my center deadzone, it is very hard to keep a steady view.  Especially the Z translation (zoom), it jumps around like 50-100mm (out of 498mm).

I have tried adjusting the smoothing settings in all 3 tabs (profile, control, and global, that's a lot of smoothing settings!), but they don't seem to make a difference.  I have tried adjusting my camera's (PS3 eye) exposure and gain settings, making the dots small and big, but to no avail.  The input values (image points) are also jumping around a lot, yet when I look at the picture, the dots are perfectly steady.  Even if I put my tracking hat on a table so it isn't moving at all, and the picture shows that it isn't moving at all, the "tracking points" values are still jumping around.

Is there any way to fix this?  It doesn't jump around as much in FreeTrackNoIR w/pointtrack, but i like FreeTrack better (when it works) - it seems to be faster/more responsive to me.

There's a hell of a lot of settings in FT, which should I look at first?
Steph #2 10/09/2014 - 17h03

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Hi,

first check your model dimensions and positions (you have to measure your own of course) and then try this basic settings:

http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=4039&message=19522

Make sure the dots in the cam preview aren't to big.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Tracking view is very jumpy, can't keep a steady view

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).