FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > freetrack cam display shows my 3 leds but no tracking

RSS >  freetrack cam display shows my 3 leds but no tracking
steveh2112 #1 08/06/2014 - 09h01

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 22/05/2014

Off line

i'm not sure what;s going on here. i made a 3 point cap system, i don't have a visible light filter on my webcan (vx1000) but i'm in a fairly dark room and with the settings set right, all the camera sees is the 3 leds, bright and clean and black background

when i start freetrack and set the cam and click start, the cam image shows my 3 dots working normally (i think) but the skull doen't move at all.

i went to model and selected 3 point cap and set my distances. i'm not sure about the bottom setting "model position", not sure how to set that

any ideas why its not tracking?

thx steve

UPDATE

i just noticed that by playing with exposure i can get the head to move but it seems to be moving randomly.

my cap uses SFH485P - IR EMITTER and you can't see them with naked eye, but the wabcam sees them fine but they are not red. i don't know if that's important.

Posted Image

another update, it just started working, no idea why, but now on the cam page it shows red LEDs which i think are the programs interpratation of the LEDS, not the cam image, because it also shows crosses superimposed on them
Edited by steveh2112 on 08/06/2014 at 10h33.
Propainkiller87 #2 08/06/2014 - 10h32

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 16/12/2013

Off line

i had the same thing happen. what u wanna do is stop tracking then press the stream button with the gear on it then change the cam resolution(output size), im using 320X240, or change to what ever works  for u.
Stormrider #3 08/06/2014 - 11h06

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

when your dots should be good enough for tracking, you should see a crosshair over the dots.
For the settings in the dimensions tab follow this made by Steph.Spoilerhttp://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=4231&message=20073.
If the solution of propainkiller doesn't help, maybe the dots are to small or to big.At the point size tab you can change the size of the dots  used for tracking.If your dots are not between the minimum and maximum the get discriminated and not use for tracking and the skull won't move.Remember the default settings so you can put it back if the size of the dots is not the problem.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > freetrack cam display shows my 3 leds but no tracking

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).