FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Error when not finding device/button asigned in profile.

RSS >  Error when not finding device/button asigned in profile.
Sasha84 #1 29/11/2013 - 16h34

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 26/06/2008

Off line

I have centring in freetrack assigned to a button on a steering wheel.
The problem with it is, if I finish playing racing sim, disassemble the wheel and hide it and later launch freetrack to play flying sim, I will get continuous error which doesn't allow me to change profile or do anything.
Killing process is the only way to shut it down and then I have to either connect the wheel or temporarily change extension on the profile which has this button assigned.

It would be nice to add some rule to handle it, for example just display note that device is not found and let me chose another profile.
Stormrider #2 29/11/2013 - 18h00

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

you can solve this by assigning a key to a funtion.
I use the keycombination shift+1 to center my view.And  I asigned that combination to a button of my joystick.If I should connect another game controller I do the same.I asign that key combination to a button and I can center my view.I have a saitek joystick an I used the programming software of it.I think that most(maybe all) of the gamecontrollers come with progamming software. ;)
When I disassemble my joystick I don't get any errors.I had this in beginning also and this was my solution for it.
Steph #3 30/11/2013 - 09h47

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Use a keyboard emulation. Like Stormrider say, Saitek, Thrustmaster and Logitech etc got their own programming software. Otherwise use programms like Xpadder or PPJoy which comes up with Freetrack. (You can find it under the Freetrack mainfolder in PPJoy.)
Sasha84 #4 20/12/2013 - 17h01

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 26/06/2008

Off line

I can deal with it by just disabling profile (Changing extension) before I fire up freetrack.
This was a suggestion, feature to add when/if development team decides to release another patch, making an exception is more elegant solution than workarounds.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Error when not finding device/button asigned in profile.

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).