FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Using a reflective setup with the PS3 eye SLEH-00201

RSS >  Using a reflective setup with the PS3 eye SLEH-00201, Could use some advice re: IR filters and whatnot
SirCannonFodder #1 01/11/2013 - 10h30

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 31/10/2013

Off line

First off, can I use this model of PS3 eye with a reflective tape setup without having to remove any IR filters or anything? I think I read in another post that the early ones didn't have IR filters, is that correct?

If I do need to remove it, can I do so without messing up the focus or anything like that? Some posts seem to say that they had major focus problems when they removed the IR filter (or a lens with the filter on it), while others seemed to be able to remove it just fine, and I'm not sure which models those people had.

If it helps, this is what mine looks like:

Bottom
Front
Front angle

Also, when it comes to visible light filters, can I just stick the bit of floppy-disc strip over the outside, or do I need to put it in the lens housing somewhow? I'd obvioiusly prefer to avoid mucking about inside it as much as possible.

Finally, would a night vision IR illuminator like this be suitable for lighting up the reflective tape? Would the light sensor on it cause any issues, or can I just cover that up with a bit of blu-tac?
Edited by SirCannonFodder on 01/11/2013 at 11h53.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Using a reflective setup with the PS3 eye SLEH-00201

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).