FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > Can´t get FT to work ingame *EDITED*

RSS >  Can´t get FT to work ingame *EDITED*
Swedehog #1 23/08/2013 - 07h56

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 18/08/2013

Off line

Hi!

Sorry if the answer is somewhere on the forum, i have searched but couldn´t find anything that helped me.

Just built me a 3 point clip and set up the FT software. The skull follows my headmovements pretty good in the software but i cant get it to work in Arma 3 or arma 2 OA. I dont get any indication too that the games recognize the tracker.

Is there anything I have to do in these games to activate Free Track?

I have looked around in the games but can´t find anything

I am mostly interested in getting it to work in Arma 3.

*EDIT*

I got a PM where I was asked for more info.

System:
I5 750
6870 graphics
8gb ram
Logitech 210 camera (ir filter removed and film attached in 3 layers)

Windows 7 64-bit

I have uninstalled  freetracker, disabled UAC and reinstalled the software but it didn´t change anything.

I have tried to find any Freetrack option in the settings in the games but can only see TrackIR.

Is there a setting in ARMA that i have to activate or how have You other ppl done to get the game to "see" the tracker?

I found one line with Freetrack in a .Arma3Profile file and there it was set to 1 (freeTrack=1)

Is there a game where it "always" work that i can try just to see if that recognize it?

Anyone have any ideas?
Edited by Swedehog on 24/08/2013 at 20h10.
Blindasabat #2 23/08/2013 - 11h17

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 02/05/2011

Off line

Hey,

I'm not much of an ARMA player myself, but there are a coulple of things you must do.

First open the FreeTrack client and keep it running, you can minimize if you want but don't close it.
Now things are getting sketchy for me as it was a long time ago when I played this, but you'll have to start ARMA 2/3 and go to the options menu and select the FreeTrack protocol somewhere.
If you have enabled that FreeTrack should work.
Edited by Blindasabat on 23/08/2013 at 11h18.
Swedehog #3 28/08/2013 - 13h02

Registered on : 18/08/2013

Off line

I have now tried the clip on another computer and it works great there in Arma 3. On my computer it only works in the freetrack software and it is not even choosable in options ingame.

Apparently there is something on this computer that blocks Arma 3 to recognize the freetrack program or i am lacking some software that freetrack needs.

Is there anyone that might have any ideas what to try before I try my next move and reinstall the whole operating system.

Thanks in advance/ Andreas
Edited by Swedehog on 28/08/2013 at 13h34.
Stormrider #4 28/08/2013 - 18h07

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

Apparently there is something on this computer that blocks Arma 3 to recognize the freetrack program or i am lacking some software that freetrack needs.

The thing I should try:
Always if you install and unistall software there will be leftovers of it in the registry.Use a tool like revo-uninstaller to remove everything completely.
Turn off User Account Control, disable virusscanner and firewall.
Use Revo-uninstaller to remove freetrack and Arma.
Use a tool like ccleaner to clean-up your pc.
Restart your pc, keep your firewall and virusscanner disabled.Install arma with
admin rights and install freetrack with admin rights and compability settings.
If this doesn't help, sometimes it helps to install "facetracknoir".It is something like freetrack.
In freetrack at the ouput tab you can select: freetrack interface, Trackir interface.Try one of them, or both.
Did that other pc also have win7 64bit?

This is the only thing I can think of for now.
zaelu #5 28/03/2015 - 09h34

Registered on : 29/09/2007

Off line

I also can get it to work... it shows in controllers, is activated but no joy.

needless to say that in all other games work and also it used to work in ArmA at some point.

edit

I made it work again.

It crashes first time (I think it is a known bug) but then works. I loaded opentrack and did a search for npc.dll of Freetrack and it started to work again.
Edited by zaelu on 28/03/2015 at 10h59.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > Can´t get FT to work ingame *EDITED*

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).