FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Delay before FT receives PS3 Eye input?

RSS >  Delay before FT receives PS3 Eye input?, ~1 second delay between movement and FT response
nobodynothing #1 14/06/2012 - 14h54

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 07/06/2012

Off line

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

I got a PS3 Eye, and was able to get it working with the
CL-Eye-Driver-5.0.1.0520 driver and Freetrack2.2.0.279CLeyePatch, but there's a ~1 second delay between my head movements and freetrack's response.

When using the Eye as a webcam in any other application this delay doesn't exist, my movements are mirrored without any kind of noticeable delay, but within the FT camera preview, and while minimized to the tray while running a game, there's a very noticeable delay of about 1 second between my movements and the LEDs moving in the FT camera preview and output to games.

Things worth noting:

I did not have this problem with the plain old webcam I attempted to use previously, it mirrored my movements without a delay, the only issue was it resetting the exposure all the time, making it impossible to use in anything but FT itself.

I experimented with FPS settings, and found that using anything higher than 30 FPS seemed to increase the delay ( i tried 60, 75, 120) while 10 FPS seemed to increase responsiveness a bit, but made it a lot more "shaky". The response time changes could very well have all been in my head, however, as they didn't seem very significant anyway.

Also, I am unable to open the stream settings, the button is enabled, but clicking it does nothing.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Delay before FT receives PS3 Eye input?

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).