FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Wii Remote Support for FreeTrack?, FreeTrack be made to work with the Wii remote?
fliegerkind #31 03/02/2011 - 14h43

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 26/01/2009

Off line

snake2 @ 03/02/2011 - 02h42 a dit:

Hi!  does anyone use the Wiimote with Free Track finally ?

Hmmm - I never had problems. I use my Wii sometimes with FT2.2 and it works fine for me since two years - look here, its me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LclZOdvLXTo

My settings are finer now (especially the X,Y and Z), but anything works!

Greets,
H.
snake2 #32 04/02/2011 - 15h48

Registered on : 03/02/2011

Off line

fliegerkind @ 03/02/2011 - 15h43 a dit:

snake2 @ 03/02/2011 - 02h42 a dit:

Hi!  does anyone use the Wiimote with Free Track finally ?

Hmmm - I never had problems. I use my Wii sometimes with FT2.2 and it works fine for me since two years - look here, its me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LclZOdvLXTo

My settings are finer now (especially the X,Y and Z), but anything works!

Greets,
H.

That's exactly what I was looking for! Great!
Here on this forum it looks like everybody has only problems with Wiimote :)

But in this case, would you be so kind to write here maybe short, but exact instruction HOW TO CONNECT WIIMOTE TO Free Track  ? Please! I guess it would be helpful for many people.
fliegerkind #33 06/02/2011 - 16h31

Off line

snake2 @ 04/02/2011 - 16h48 a dit:

But in this case, would you be so kind to write here maybe short, but exact instruction HOW TO CONNECT WIIMOTE TO Free Track  ? Please! I guess it would be helpful for many people.

I will try to explain, what to do!

First at all:

You will need a good software for your bluetooth-stick. I use bluesoleil. Bluesoleil is payware, but you can use it for free. The only limit in the free version (i am not sure, but i think so) is, that the data for transfer is limited to 2mb for each packet - but this makes no trouble for freetrack. Because we dont need big downloads (like music, video or so), all packets from wii to freetrack are short enough for our project. Alternativly you can use other softwareproducts, maybe, if you use a bluetooth-stick, another software is with it, e.g. widcomm?

1. PC:
Install your bluetooth-software to your PC (i prefer bluesoleil)

2. PC:
You have to start the grey bluetooth-symbol in the systemtray with double-clicking it. Now it changes its colour from grey to blue.

3. PC:
After that, double-click the blue bluetooth-symbol again, and ...

4. PC:
a menu opens. Inside this you will find an joystick-symbol with the name Nintendo RVL-CNT-01. The middle of the grey Joysticksymbol should be blue.

4. Wii:
Push the buttons 1 and 2 of your Wii-Remote at the same time, the four wii-lights are blinking now in blue color.

5. PC:
Now you have to double-click the Nintendo RVL-CNT-01 Joystick symbol. It becomes green, connected! (for you control you can make a right mouseclick to the symbol. There should be the first menupoint: disconnect instead of connect. I am not sure, if the words disconnect and connect are right, because i use the german version ...)

5. Wii:
The four Wii leds (blue) are blinking

6. PC:
Start freetrack (wii works only with v 2.2)

7. PC (Freetack)
Change the value in the field source from "Demo Video" to "Wii-Remote #1" and click the start-button

8. PC (Freetrack)
If you are successful, you should see the grid head in the left window of the freetrack.

Now you can begin with calibrating your work and looking for errors, if you have some.

Some common failures:
=============================================================

a) You work only with the bluetoothdrivers from windows. But you will need the extra-software for your bluetoothstick (eg. http://www.bluesoleil.com or http://www.broadcom.com/)

b)
Your leds of your cap dont work. If you use infrared, you can see them on your Digicam, if they work

Try this, and report success here. Otherwise perhaps i can help you, when you have further more questions.

Good luck
Heini
fliegerkind #34 06/02/2011 - 16h46

Off line

Some important calibrating issues:

+
It is most important for me to use it with the correct settings of "model dimensions" (see register "model")

+
it is also very important to have the correct "model position" (see also in the register "model")

+
i can change these important values, but if i restart freetrack, my changes are lost! My Workaround: I change this values manually in the file Freetrack.ini (it is in your program folder).

Without these calibration issues your freetrack-head will move uncontrolled in wide areas instead of controlled working.

Heini
snake2 #35 08/02/2011 - 14h34

Registered on : 03/02/2011

Off line

Heini
Thank you SO much for your posting!

The only one problem I have in this steps is choosing Wiimote 1 in Freetrack. For 1 second I can see it in a list of cameras and with a try to choose it program distracts to Demo Video and I can't see Wiimote in a list anymore, but lights on Wiimote are still blinking and Bluesoleil keeps the connection.

Could it be a Windows 7 64bit problem or... ?
fliegerkind #36 09/02/2011 - 20h27

Off line

Hhhhm I have not really an idea. Also i could not reproduce your problem on my system.

Perhaps you can uninstall freetrack, delete your folders, if uninstall doesnt it (specially your ini-files).

Also you can look for some lacks on your system. Perhaps a problem with ms-net framework (i dont know, if this is needed, but perhaps, there is a uninstall-routine somewhere in the internet ...). Perhaps your graphics-card is your problem?

You can make tests on other machines. If you have VMWare (version for Free) or Suns Virtual Box, perhaps you can make a virtual machine and look, if it runs inside? Perhaps one machine with XP, one for Win 7? Perhaps one for x32 and one for x64?

Greets,
Heini
nanabob #37 04/03/2011 - 20h59

Registered on : 04/03/2011

Off line

So I read through a million threads trying to set up my wii remote on freetrack and was having problems getting it to work.

Here is a list of the problems I had and fixed for anyone that is out there looking for a solution.

1. I installed free track but couldn't open it with W7 x64. Error: couldn't find d3dx9_33.dll

The solution that work for me was to download it off any trusted website and throw it right in the windows/system file.

2. Windows found my wii remote and free tracker would display it in the drop-down box but I couldn't press start...nothing was working.

Exact solution unkown but I got it working

First: I downloaded the Toshiba bluetooth driver stack and it still wasn't working.

Second: While my first wii remote was still connected I connected a second. Immediately I heard a tone from free tracker and It started working! I disconnected the first and now it works fine. Weird eh?

Not sure why this work

Gool luck all!
a1adin #38 13/04/2011 - 06h45

Registered on : 24/01/2010

Off line

hi nanabob,

for w7/64, which version of Toshiba bluetooth driver stack do you use?
what is the other driver stack?
Jugin #39 01/09/2011 - 08h48

Registered on : 01/09/2011

Off line

I bought a wii today and i need to choose the language

i dont know how cell phone spy software to get the hand because at 1 point i got it up but then it moved away
help me please

I got it up again but it wiggles about the it went off the screen and i dont know how to get it up as i am just pressing random buttons and jumping around :easy:
Edited by Jugin on 26/09/2011 at 09h12.
spike #40 02/09/2011 - 23h59

Registered on : 02/09/2011

Off line

Im having issues with the WII remote. Can see my dots in freetrack but it wont track.

Using Freetrack 2.2, blusolei blutooth, win7 x64
scriptowl #41 26/05/2012 - 03h50

Registered on : 19/04/2012

Off line

I was having the same problem but it is ok as I used BlueSoleil. I did my experiment on windows 7 and that means freeTrack is ok with 7.  B)

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).