FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Last windows 10 update has caused problems

RSS >  Last windows 10 update has caused problems
Trueno33 #1 16/08/2016 - 23h14

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 29/12/2014

Off line

Hello, I have been using freetrack 2.2 with no problems. But today there was a huge windows 10 update and it must have messed with my system. The problem is that the framerate now doesn´t go above 15fps.
I really don´t know what to do. Any help, please?
Stormrider #2 17/08/2016 - 12h05

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

Maybe has every webcam setting been set to default setting.So check the webcam settings.Before you turn of the auto exposure, shine with a very bright light into the webcam and than turn the auto exposure off this will also increase the fps.

This is written in the manual,

Webcam frame rate is lower than advertised.

*Turn off auto-exposure and manually reduce exposure (this is essential).
*Make sure your USB port is not less than a USB 2.0 port.
*Use a different USB port.  Sharing ports or hubs with other devices can cause bandwidth bottleneck and lower fps.
*Disable anti-flicker/enable outdoors mode in your camera properties.
*Reduce video quality in the Stream property page if your webcam supports it.

My webcam's Auto-Exposure (AE) is on and the option is greyed out so I can't turn it off!

Try to enable the option by using Enable Button or WindowsEnabler for XP or VistaEnabler for Vista.

In the case of Microsoft VX-1000:
1. Set auto exposure on (default) and exposure value to 0 (or a little higher).
2. Place a bright light source, like a lamp, in the field of view of the camera so that it reaches 30fps.
3. Disable auto exposure with one of the enable button apps.
4. Switch the light off,  the camera should still be producing 30fps and will continue to do so while the exposure settings are not changed.
Trueno33 #3 27/11/2016 - 03h13

Registered on : 29/12/2014

Off line

thanks for your kind and useful reply stormrider. I solved it by reverting to the w10 previous version
jackadision #4 28/01/2017 - 09h50

Registered on : 15/06/2016

Off line

Learn about different Windows 10 errors and apply the given tricks and tips to fix them without need of any professional experience. For more: http://www.pcerror-fix.com/category/windows-10

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Last windows 10 update has caused problems

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).