FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  low fps
pnrntn #1 12/11/2015 - 22h44

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 12/11/2015

Off line

Hello everyone I'm new and I need help.
I'm trying to use my cam (linq rw 20) for the free track, but when I press the start button my fps not exceed 10. I have another problem. the program recognizes the free track led my model but the skull moves only slightly left to right top and bottom.
Thank you.
Stormrider #2 13/11/2015 - 18h32

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

Hi pnrntn,
the things you can try to increase your fps as written in the manuel(http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=455)
Webcam frame rate is lower than advertised.

*Turn off auto-exposure and manually reduce exposure (this is essential).
*Make sure your USB port is not less than a USB 2.0 port.
*Use a different USB port.  Sharing ports or hubs with other devices can cause bandwidth bottleneck and lower fps.
*Disable anti-flicker/enable outdoors mode in your camera properties.
*Reduce video quality in the Stream property page if your webcam supports it.

My webcam's Auto-Exposure (AE) is on and the option is greyed out so I can't turn it off!

Try to enable the option by using Enable Button or WindowsEnabler for XP or VistaEnabler for Vista.

In the case of Microsoft VX-1000:
1. Set auto exposure on (default) and exposure value to 0 (or a little higher).
2. Place a bright light source, like a lamp, in the field of view of the camera so that it reaches 30fps.
3. Disable auto exposure with one of the enable button apps.
4. Switch the light off,  the camera should still be producing 30fps and will continue to do so while the exposure settings are not changed.

Make sure your webcam is not listed as incompatible.

You skull movenment problem is just a matter of tweaking the curves(I think).If you take a look at the curves, the horizontal axis is the ingame movement of your head and the vertical axis your reallife headmovement.At the yaw curve you can see that 20 degrees reallife headmovement will give you 40 degrees view movement in game.By changing the curve you can make it just look as natural as you want.It take some time and is just a matter of trial and error.
Posted Image

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).