FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Failed to register SSE2.ax
bobwat #1 25/01/2015 - 11h17

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 23/01/2015

Off line

Hi Folks, I get the message
"Failed to register C:\program files(x86)\Free Track\FreeTrackFilterSSE2.ax  Video sources cannot be used"
Every time I start Free Track so obviously the camera doesn't show up at all.

I use Vista 64 sp2 with all recent updates and I DO both install and run the program with admin rights.

I have had problems getting the PS3 Eye Camera to work (see my previous post) so I have reverted to an old web cam (make unknown unfortunately) that shows up in my device manager as 'PC Camera' and uses AM Cap software to run. The camera works fine in every other program and before starting Free Track I uncheck the Auto Exposure in the cameras software.

I have also tried (read it somewhere but cant find the post again) setting the 'Filtername' in free track configuration file to 'auto' but unfortunately this doesn't work as I get the same message and the config file reverts to SSE2.

What am I doing wrong?

ps. I have re-installed free track so as to remove the patch for the ps3eye.
Edited by bobwat on 25/01/2015 at 11h19.
Stormrider #2 25/01/2015 - 13h02

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

I don't think you are doing something wrong but something is going wrong.What it is I don't know.But the things you can try is install an older version of freetrack or try another free ir-tracking software.
http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/home/default.htm
It can work just like freetrack with ir-leds if you use the point-tracker plug-in.
The latest version of freetrack is dated 2008 and facetracknoir is a bit newer.There is also something like "opentrack"
I have freetrack and ftnoir both installed, but I only use ftnoir.
The reason for it is, I use a ps3-eye and don't want to change all the time the dpi setting.Freetrack has some functions which can be very useful but I got used to it( short keys for stable and raw zoom view)
bobwat #3 25/01/2015 - 14h14

Off line

cheers Stormrider....it's getting to be a proper pain in the neck trying to set this up...problems with the ps3 eye software (or the installation of it anyway), cant get free track to run and just downloaded and installed facetracknoIR...runs great, says my camera name in program (so it sees it obviously) but absolutely no tracking data seems to be going to it lol....I am a complete newbie with this stuff (does it show lol)....may just save up and buy Trackir 5  :lol:
Stormrider #4 25/01/2015 - 20h22

Off line

do you see any dots in ftnoir?
Stormrider #5 25/01/2015 - 20h33

Off line

something like this:
Posted Image
bobwat #6 25/01/2015 - 21h12

Off line

I didnt try it with the point bit...just face tracking. Managed to get it working and configured to see the camera etc and actually working in game. The camera is not really up for the purpose though so still looking for a solution to the ps3 eye problem....or will need to buy a different camera and it should be fine then,

Cheers for helping mate, has been appreciated. Only wish I could get the eye working now but run out of ideas lol.
Stormrider #7 25/01/2015 - 21h14

Off line

if possible try it on a other pcjust to check if it can work
Edited by Stormrider on 25/01/2015 at 21h15.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).