FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Freetrack suddenly corrupts my Camera Driver.

RSS >  Freetrack suddenly corrupts my Camera Driver., It was working fine for months
TrackMePlease #1 05/11/2013 - 13h55

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 28/08/2013

Off line

Hey guys!

This is really strange and I have no other ideas left...
I am using Freetrack since almost 2 months now wihtout any problems. And I was using it yesterday.. no problems.

But now I have the following problem:

I plugged in my camera and started Freetrack just as always doing the "checklist"
(make sure the camera is stopped -> click on "stream" and okay -> start tracking)

I don't know why but all I am getting since is a black screen. Even with the "CL-Eye Test".

So I reinstalled the CL-Eye-Driver. And after doing so the CL-Eye Test showed a perfectly fine image (IR view of my clip).
From now on everytime I start Freetrack I get a black image. Even in CL-Eye Test.
So I have to install the drivers over and over but as soon as I start FT it gets black again.

I tried a fresh install of both CL drivers and FT using this guide. But the problem persists :(

Before running Freetrack I can start CL-Eye-Test as often as I want and the picture is fine. But as I start FT and begin tracking -> black picure.

I even tried running the camera without all other usb devices (mouse, headset and joystick)

I'm not sure but I think the problem might have started after I plugged the camera in the USB3.0 slot. (I usually use the 2.0 slots).

Do you have any idea, what else I could try?
Edited by TrackMePlease on 05/11/2013 at 14h06.
TrackMePlease #2 07/11/2013 - 11h52

Off line

I'm grateful for every suggestion.
Anyone?
TrackMePlease #3 10/11/2013 - 16h25

Off line

For the record and anyone who might have the same problem in the future:

Suddenly it works after more than dozens reinstalls. Dunno what I have done different this time but this helped in the end.  :blink:

Deinstall

1. Deinstalled CL Drivers manually ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Code Laboratories\CL-Eye Driver\uninst.exe)

2. Deinstalled Freetrack (C:\Program Files (x86)\FreeTrack\delete.exe)
And removed all files within the folder that were left over.

--------------

Re-Install

1. Install CLeye driver from: http://codelaboratories.com/downloads/
2. Install freetrack 2.2.0.279 ( Do not open it yet!)
3. Download and Patch Freetrack

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2stcof
or
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n50lqezekni4a8j/Freetrack2.2.0.279CLeyePatch.rar (my mirror)

4. Copy the files from the patch to the Freetrack Root folder (overwrite current files)

5. Run Freetrack with Administrator rights. (Rightclick -> Run as Admin)

Done!
Steph #4 11/11/2013 - 10h12

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Thx for sharing.
It seems as if the the right order is the important part.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Freetrack suddenly corrupts my Camera Driver.

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).