FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > DPI error Access Violation - Is this ever going to be fixed?

RSS >  DPI error Access Violation - Is this ever going to be fixed?
Virginityrocks #1 20/01/2010 - 22h53

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 28/10/2009

Off line

If in Windows you use a non-default DPI scaling, the program simply will not work. This has been an issue since the last known version of Freetrack. Selecting 'disable DPI scaling' in compatibility options does not change this. You must manually disable DPI scaling altogether for the program to function. Frankly I'd rather have DPI scaling on so I don't use the program anymore. Fix to this coming?
JiminyJickers #2 15/04/2011 - 01h33

Registered on : 15/04/2011

Off line

I'm waiting for this as well, over a year since your post and it doesn't look good.
Zaphod #3 18/04/2011 - 08h25

Registered on : 29/04/2009

Off line

FreeTrack works if you don't use XP style scaling. Since FreeTrack is not DPI aware Windows will use virtualization to enlarge the window so that it will work properly. Go to 'Set custom text size (DPI)' in Windows and uncheck 'Use Windows XP style DPI scaling'.

If you want a program that is not DPI aware to use XP style scaling you can specify it by right clicking on the executable then going to properties, compatibility then 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings'.

When Windows is using XP style scaling you can't enable virtualization for a specific program.
Reddog762 #4 07/05/2011 - 21h36

Registered on : 05/05/2011

Off line

No Zaphod, the DPI fix does not work for everyone. It certainly doesn't work for me on Win 7 x64 Ultimate.
mehmetbeyoglu #5 13/05/2011 - 06h57

Registered on : 24/01/2008

Off line

Since I have got my new computer (nearly a year now) i7 15" laptop with 1920x1080 resolution and windows7 64bit free-track is not working due to DPI scaling problems and FYI the suggested fix is not working for me either.

Sometimes (very very rare) by miracle something corrects the DPI problem for my resolution then it works but I cant control it and dont know what fixes it.

So I too wonder if it is ever gonna be fixed some day.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > DPI error Access Violation - Is this ever going to be fixed?

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).